2.07.2017

White Chocolate Chip Valentine Sprinkle Cookies + A Winner!

We love making treats & cookies around here...especially holiday themed ones!
My kids love sprinkles, so I try and incorporate them into our baking.
Sprinkles are such an easy way to make an ordinary treat/cookie more festive & fun!
As you may also know, I am self proclaimed a cookie snob.
To me, the perfect cookie is soft & only slightly crisp on the edges....this cookie is just like that!
I am so excited to share my White Chocolate Chip Valentine Sprinkle Cookies with you!
Here is what you need:
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter (which is 1 1/2 sticks of butter), softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg 
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 teaspoon almond extract (this is optional. I LOVE almond extract, but if you don't like it, you can omit it)
1 bag of white chocolate chips (I use Ghiradelli brand, they
Valentine Sprinkles

Directions:
Beat the butter, brown sugar and white sugar and beat on medium speed for 1-2 minutes until light and fluffy.
Mix in your egg, vanilla extract & almond extract and beat until well combined.
In a separate bowl combine the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
Slowly add your dry ingredients to the wet ingredients on low speed until just mixed.
Fold in the bag white chocolate chips and a handful sprinkles

Cover your dough with plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour.
Take the cookie dough out of the fridge  & use a cookie scoop (THIS is the one I have) and roll into balls

Roll the dough in the sprinkles. I did half of the cookies with nonpareils sprinkles:
 And, the other half in the heart sprinkles:
Bake at 350 degrees for 8-9 minutes
Aren't they so festive? My kids love sprinkles...on everything & anything. Luke did all the sprinkle rolling for these cookies. He loves helping me bake cookies.
Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
 This recipe makes 2 dozen cookies.
After they are cooled, you can keep them in an air tight container or ziplock & they will stay nice and soft for several days!

I hope you love these cookies as much as we do.
Enjoy!

If you want to check out my other cookie recipes (there are A LOT!!!)
You can click HERE & it will take you to the cookie section of my blog Recipe Box :)

+++++++++++++++++
The winner of the Pizza Maker AND a $50 Williams Sonoma Gift Card is:
Cara G.

Congratulations!
Leave a comment or send me an email to claim your prize!

4 comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin